Our friend Hank Hofmann sent us a list of his favorite months, in declining order. Radio Bob saw it and offered his alternate view of good vs. less good months. Below, the two lists. What does yours look like? Share as a comment.
Ranking of Hank’s favourite months of the year (best to worst):
1 September (heaven!)
2 October (beautiful colours, crisp days)
3 February (short, usually very sunny days, best for winter outdoor stuff)
4 May (rebirth)
5 June (ditto to May)
6 April (anticipation!; snow and ice finally gone, usually)
7 November (great for cocooning)
8 August (too many vacationers)
9 July (too hot, too many vacationers)
10 December (month-long holiday crap)
11 January (too cold!)
12 March (ugh and ugly!)
Radio Bob’s Favorite…and less favorite months
#1. July: Finally it’s summer… the hot days will go on forever!
2. June: Nearly as good as July… its getting hotter every day.
3. May: Amazing Spring, everything turns green, life abounds, oh joy!
4. August: Still warm, but it’s becoming bittersweet already, the threat of winter is lurking in the wings.
5. September: Warm, but the writing is definitely on the wall.
6. October: Sure.. the leaves are pretty and the air crisp, apples are fresh.
7. November: Time to put on the snow tires… I do like Thanksgiving, late harvest, etc.
8. December: Ready for the novelty of snow, holidays are very fun and festive.
9. January: Now we’re talking some actual winter… but we’ll survive, probably.
10. February: Mid-winter break for my birthday… days are getting longer, too.
11. March: Very tired of winter! Other places have outdoor music festivals, but we’re locked in.
12. April: Mud, lingering snowstorms, sleet, hard driving rain… Washington DC has cherry blossoms… but NOT us!