There is only about a month of summer left. A few maples are already showing color in the St. Lawrence Valley. Not that there has been a whole lot of summer so far, what with all the frog-friendly weather.
So time is running out to tick off all the boxes on your summer to-do list.
No, not the list of deferred maintenance chores around the house, not the objectives you listed on your job performance review – the other list.
- Climb up until you run out of mountain
- Watch a concert from a lawn chair
- Look back down the wake at a swiftly receding island
- Lick ice cream in a parking lot
- Go on a midway ride
- Cook dinner on the porch and eat it on the steps
- Go off trail to check out an odd flower
- Nap in a hammock
- Follow a heron around in a canoe
- Cool feet in a waterfall flume
- Walk through a meadow before the dew has dried
- Throw a Frisbee around
- Look at the stars from the end of the dock
- Stare into the coals of a campfire
- Drive around with no destination but cool breeze
It’s time to get busy with not being so busy. Tick tock.
I’m sure I left something out. Let me know in a comment below.