by Bill Haenel
on February 11th, 2022
The next meeting of the NCPR Executive Council advisory group will take place on Wednesday, February 16, at 12pm, via video conference. Members of the public wishing to attend, or submit a comment in advance of the meeting should contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include “EC meeting” in the subject line.
Members of the NCPR Executive Council:
- Robert Keller, Boonville, NY (Chair)
- Ann Adams, Dekalb Junction, NY (Board Secretary)
- Peter Anderson, Potsdam, NY
- Mark Dzwonczyk, Nicholville, NY
- Margo Ernst, North Hudson, NY
- Rich Frost, Plattsburgh, NY
- Andy Gustafson, Old Forge, NY
- Hannah Hanford, Saranac Lake, NY
- James Howard, Morrisonville, NY
- Allen McAvoy, Kingston, ONT
- Alan McLeod, Kingston, ONT
- Stephen Meier, Queensbury, NY
- Julia Kaplan Toce, Thousand Islands Park, NY (Vice Chair)
Ex-officio members representing license holder St. Lawrence University
- Paul Redfern, Canton, NY
- Marion Roach Smith, Troy, NY
- Jeff Killeen
The governing board of North Country Public Radio is the Board of Trustees of St. Lawrence University.
Re: My suggestion that NCPR foster a two-way community forum.
Two more months have passed since you sent me your e-mail reply that included the following:
“The effort is being headed by Amy Feiereisel, who has led our North Country at Work initiative over the years, and who really understands the importance of community engagement. She and I are working on more specifics, which I’ll be happy to share with you as they come along. Our long-term vision is to have a community engagement department that includes people on both sides of the news-development firewall.”
I am still waiting to receive more specifics about this exciting project from you or Ms. Feiereisel. Any progress?