by Martha Foley on April 29th, 2011
Updated 4/29 12:30 pm
- Lake Champlain Ferry between Essex, NY and Charlotte, VT is closed until further notice. Grand Isle, VT – Plattsburgh, NY & Chimney Pt., VT – Crown Pt., NY ferry crossings are still running as scheduled.
- Rte 296 has alternating one way traffic due to culvert failure/sink hole. This closure is anticipated to be long term. Greene Co DOT has put in place temporary traffic signals at the site.
- Route 418, from Thurman Station to Hudson River, Town of Thurman, Warren County, one-way alternating traffic due to flooding.
- Route 8 in Wilmington Notch between Lake Placid and Wilmington down to single lane, flaggers present, due to water across the road surface.
- Rte 9 has alternating one-way traffic due to flooding, from Rte 9N to Rte 73, Elizabethtown, Essex County.
- Rte 28N is closed at Harris Lake rd in the Town of Newcomb, Essex County due to flooding.
- Route 4 has one lane closed and is subject to alternating one way traffic between Wilber Road and River Road in Stillwater, Saratoga County due to flooding
- Rte 9N between Rte 73and Ausable Forks closed due to flooding
- Rte 28 between Hamilton County line and 28N one-way alternating traffic with flaggers
- Flooding on Rte 28 & 30 to the intersection of Rte 28N and 30 in Long Lake. Crews are on scene. NO TRUCK TRAFFIC. Detour in place for cars only.
- CR 32 (River Street) closed to traffic due to flooding; Village of Oriskany
- Rte 8 closed between Steuben Rd & N Gage Rd, Town of Deerfield due to flooding. Local detours in place.
- Rte 8 closed between Route 28 in Poland-Herkimer County and Route 10 in Piseco-Hamilton County
- Rte 28 closed from Hamilton Co Line to Rte 28N Due to Flooding
- Rte 28N from Blue Mountain Lake to the end of the Rte 28/Rte 30 overlap is closed due to flooding
- Rte 12B is closed in both directions at Collage St in Clinton, Oneida County due to flooding.
- Rte 12B is closed between Village of Hamilton and CR 77 in Hamilton, Madison County, due to flooding
- Route 28 is closed between Fairfield and South Main St, Middleville, Herkimer County due to flooding
- Rte 30 is closed in Hamlet of Long Lake between NY 28 & Rice Rd-Hamilton County due to flooding.
- Rte 30 is closed between Rte 28N and the Adirondack Motel in Long Lake, Hamilton County, due to flooding
- NY 922E (River St) closed between NY 69 & NY 49, Oriskiny, Oneida County, due to flooding
- NY 5 closed in Kirkland between NY 5B & NY 223, Oneida County, due to flooding
- Route 8 closed between Route 12 and Route 28, Town of Deerfield, Oneida Co.
- NY 28 Bridge (Comstock Bridge) over W Canada Creek closed between Blue Rd & Gravesville Rd, Town of Trenton-Oneida County due to flooding
- NY 922A (Mohawk St) closed between NY 6, Whitesboro & NY 49, Marcy, Oneida County, due to flooding
- Rte 28 over West Canada Creek closed between Rte 29 and Rte 16, Village of Middleville, Herkimer County
- Rte 28 is closed at intersection of Graves Rd in the Town of Russia, Herkimer County due to flooding.
- Rte 28 is closed between White Creek Road and Village of Newport due to flooding.
- Rte 922E (River St) closed between Rte 49 and Rte 6, Towns of Whitestone and Marcy, Oneida County flooding
- Rte 30 reduced to single lane at Indian Lake/Lake Pleasant Town Line, NO TRUCKS ALLOWED flooding
- Route 8 from Route 365 Intersection to Rt.10 closed due to flooding.
- Rte 3 CLOSED from Pleasant Ave to Santa Clara Ave town of Tupper Lake due to flooding, Franklin County
- Rte 3 from Rte 30 to Dugal Rd alternating one way traffic town of Harrietstown due to flooding Franklin County
- Region 2: NY 28/29/169 Bridge over W Canada Creek closed due to flooding
Updated 4/29 10 am:
The Utica DOT office (Region 2) sent an update at 10 this morning. More roads closed, some re-opened. Here’s the list:
- Route 8 is closed between Route 28 in Poland, town of Russia, Herkimer County and Route 10 in Piseco, town of Arietta, Hamilton County;
- Route 921C (N. Genesee St) at the New York State Thruway, Oneida County.
- Route 8 is closed between Route 12 and Route 28 in the town of Deerfield, Oneida County;
- Route 8/28 bridge across West Canada Creek at the Oneida/Herkimer county line remains closed;
- Route 28 over West Canada Creek is closed between Route 29 and Route 169 in the village of Middleville, Herkimer County;
- Route 28 between the villages of Newport and Middleville, Herkimer County
- Route 922E (River St) is closed between Route 49 and Route 69 in the towns of Whitestown and Marcy and the village of Oriskany in Oneida County;
- Route 28N between Blue Mountain Lake and Long Lake, in the town of Long Lake, Hamilton County;
- Route 30 in the Village of Long Lake, Hamilton County
- Route 28 bridge (Comstock Bridge) over West Canada Creek at Blue Road, closed between Trenton/Russia town line and Putnam Road;
- Route 922A (Mohawk St) between River Road, town of Marcy, and Route 69, town of Whitesboro.
- Route 30 is reduced to a single lane at the Indian Lake/Lake Pleasant town line, Hamilton County, and no truck traffic is allowed.
Roads previously reported closed that have now been reopened include:
- Route 28 between the villages of Poland and Newport, Herkimer County;
- Route 5 is closed between Route 5B and Route 233 in town of Kirkland, Oneida County;
- Route 315 between Route 12 and County Route 9 (Shanley Rd) in the town of Waterville, Oneida County;
- Route 69 between Route 5A and Route 922A (Clinton St) in the villages of Whitesboro and Yorkville, Oneida County;
- Route 168 east of Route 28 in the town of Mohawk, Herkimer County;
- Route 412 in village of Clinton, Oneida County;
- Route 921T (Genesee St.) over Sauquoit Creek in the town of New Hartford, Oneida County
For real-time travel information, call 511 or visit www.511NY.org.